Jed R. Silverman - Texas Personal Injury Attorney
Based in Houston, Texas, Jed Silverman has been practicing law for over 15 years across the state and in federal court.
His commitment to tirelessly fighting for his clients has placed him among the best trial attorneys in the United States. He has successfully handled thousands of cases, and has taught lawyers how to choose a jury for trial and handle cases involving accidents, vehicles, and injuries.
After graduating from Texas A&M University with a degree in Marine Transportation, Jed worked on vessels for years before entering law school. This experience gave him an in-depth understanding of offshore worker injury and fatality, as well as the many dangers faced by American seamen every day.
Jed has received numerous awards for his exceptional legal service, including ongoing inclusion on the highly respected Texas Super Lawyers® list. Through his impressive background and expertise, Jed has been able to help thousands of individuals and families receive the justice they deserve.
Classes / Seminars
- Top Gun DWI Seminal, Opening Statement, Lecture, Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Trying criminal cases, Lecture, Thurgood Marshall School of Law
- Criminal Practice, Thurgood Marshall School of Law
- Voir Dire, Lecture, Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Voir Dire, Lecture, Harris County Public Defender's Office
Professional Associations & Memberships
- National College for DUI Defense
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Harris County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Galveston County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX - 1999
- Honors: Numerous Mock Trial Awards
- Honors: Praemium Excellentia Award, Scholastic Excellence, Federal Criminal Procedure
- Texas A&M University, Galveston, TX
- B.S.M.T. - 1995
- Honors: Platoon Leader Corps of Cadets
- Texas, 1999
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 2000
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2000
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 2010
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2013
- Missouri, 2015
- Law Office of Norm Silverman, 1998 - 1999
- Cogdell & Durham, 1997 - 1998
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) certified Standardized Field Sobriety Tests instructor
- Certified Breath Test Operator (Intoxilyzer 5000)
- Graduate of the National College for DUI Defense
Honors & Awards
- Voted Texas Monthly Super Lawyer, 2006 - 2014
Areas of Practice
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accident
- Truck Accidents
- Offshore Injuries/Death
- Industrial Accidents
- Construction Site Accidents
- Pollution & Toxic Injuries
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Personal Injury
Reviews of Jed Silverman - Houston Personal Injury Attorney
"I would highly recommend him for any legal matter he might be able to help with."
"Jed has delivered the assistance I needed in a difficult moment. He and his team worked with me from day one to resolve my legal situation effectively and fairly quickly. Not only that, but I have found him to be an attorney that won't hesitate to come down to your level in detail and empathy. This is something that I've found some attorney's typically struggle with. I would highly recommend him for any legal matter he might be able to help with. I feel strongly that he is a powerful ally for me or anyone dealing with the legal system. Thank you Jed."
"I would recommend Jed Silverman to ANYONE, without hesitation."
"I would recommend Jed Silverman to ANYONE, without hesitation. I found Jed online, had never needed a lawyer before, I felt in over my head. I felt positive that I made right choice after our first meeting. After hearing my story, he checked the dossier of the other party, reassured me and gave me an outline of what to expect. I listened, went to every court date, He or one of his colleagues met me there, it felt good to have such respected people in my corner. My case turned out exactly as he said, which speaks to his solid experience, knowledge of legal process and understanding of human nature..."
Call us Today for a Free Consultation
While Silverman runs his own law firm, he teams up with fellow Texas attorney Neal Davis on civil cases involving catastrophic accidents, truck accidents, brain injuries, wrongful death and other personal injury matters because of the advantages this partnership brings to clients. Together, these two Houston, Texas attorneys have handled thousands of cases across the state and nation, often favorably resolving cases without the need or expense of trial.