Texas Insurance Bad Faith Lawyers
Has your insurance company acted in bad faith? You need attorneys who know how to stand up to these companies and maximize your recovery. Let Houston attorney Neal Davis help you receive the compensation that you deserve.
Insurance is your safety net: a contract made between you and your insurance company guaranteeing that, should anything happen to you, the agreed funds will be provided.
Insurance companies have the right to investigate the legitimacy of claims; however, insurers can act in bad faith, rejecting your claim, withholding benefits that should be awarded, and breaking the contract.
If this happens to you, do not hesitate to contact legal representation. Insurance companies acting in bad faith can easily derail the recovery process and put extra strain on victims and their families.
We’re ready to fight for your rights against insurance companies acting in bad faith.
Contact Neal Davis today.
Common Bad Faith Insurance Practices
A denied insurance claim does not immediately point to acting in bad faith; however, some actions on behalf of insurance companies can raise red flags for customers. Some practices that can point to bad faith include:
- Denial of benefits that are due in a policy
- Failure to thoroughly investigate victim’s claim
- Delayed response to a claim
- An unreasonably low offer for compensation
- A cancellation or change in policy after a claim has been filed
- Pressure to settle quickly
What To Do If Your Claim Is Rejected
Having an insurance claim rejected can be stressful, but it can pay to make sure the rejection was done honestly and in good faith. If you believe your claim was denied unjustly, the first step is to establish that the rejection was, in fact, offered in bad faith. To do this, you must prove that your insurance company:
- Had no reasonable excuse for rejecting the claim.
- Had or should have had awareness that there was no true basis for rejecting your claim.
- Acted with blatant disregard for your rights or your contract.
Be sure to review your insurance policy carefully and see how it relates to your claim. If you see inconsistencies, contact your insurance provider immediately and notify them that you believe your claim has been unduly rejected.
Be sure to document all conversations and communication between you and your insurance company. If you believe your insurance company has acted in bad faith, you should:
- 1. Compile all correspondence between you and your insurance company.
- 2. Contact the insurance company’s director of claims by letter and include all correspondence with the company. Cite the terms of your policy and point out the inconsistencies of the company’s actions.
- 3. Contact the Texas Department of Insurance to file a complaint about your insurance.
- 4. Find an attorney who understands the ins and outs of investigating insurance bad faith claims.
Contact a Houston Insurance Bad Faith Attorney
If you believe that your insurance company has acted in bad faith, do not hesitate to contact Neal Davis. We’re ready to discuss your legal rights and advise you moving forward with your case. We’re here to fight for the compensation you deserve from your insurance claim.
If we don’t win, you don’t pay. That’s our No Fee Guarantee.
Contact us today for a free consultation and see how we can help you hold your insurance company liable for their acts of bad faith.