Houston Truck & Tractor Trailer Accident Lawyers
If you've been injured in a truck accident, you need a legal team that knows how to handle these cases and get results. Truck accident lawyers Neal Davis and Jed Silverman have literally handled hundreds of cases involving vehicular accidents.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHSTA) estimates that around 342,000 trucks were involved in reported crashes in 2013 and those accidents resulted in 95,000 injuries and 3,964 deaths.
Large commercial trucks and tractor trailers can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds, around 20 times greater than the average car. This great difference between between size and weight can make accidents involving trucks particularly serious and devastating, especially for passenger vehicles.
Following suit, truck accident cases are typically more difficult and complex than car accident cases, especially if damages are high. For this reason, it's recommended that victims of truck accidents consult a personal injury attorney who is familiar with the complexity of truck accident cases in order to receive proper compensation.
If you or your loved one suffered a serious injury as a result of a truck collision, contact an attorney now to discuss your rights.
Do not accept any settlement without an advise of a personal injury lawyer. Settlements vary based on the degree of injury. You may receive a much lower compensation than you should without a lawyer's help.
Common Causes of Texas Truck Accidents
Numerous factors can cause large truck accidents. Anything from driver error to mechanical failure can be dangerous for other motorists. Common causes for these truck accidents include:
- Driver fatigue
- Ignoring traffic regulations
- Ignoring other vehicles
- Improperly loaded cargo
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Lack of training and safety programs for drivers
- Inadequate inspection
- Improper maintenance
- Poor weather conditions
- Distracted Drivers
Learn More About...
Truck Accident Fault & Compensation
Truck drivers and truck companies are required to obey and enforce specific guidelines put into place in order to maximize safety while on the road. These guidelines include obeying speed limits, applying proper cargo weight and loading techniques, acknowledging restraints on consecutive driving time, and abstaining from drug and alcohol use.
As with car accidents, motorcycle accidents, etc., truck accident fault is determined by negligence. For example, a truck driver or truck company that causes an accident by not following accepted guidelines is subject to be held liable for negligence. It's also possible that more than one party may be held responsible in a tractor trailer accident, and those guilty parties may include:
- The driver
- The truck's owner
- The driver's employer
- The city or town where the accident occurred
- Another driver or vehicle involved
- The trucking company
- The truck manufacturer
Compensation for the damages caused in a trucking accident can include any current or foreseen medical bills, pain and suffering from injuries, lost time at work and wages, a totaled vehicle, or the wrongful death of a loved one.
How a Houston Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
Whether you or your loved one have fallen victim to an accident involving a commercial truck or tractor trailer, contacting a truck accident attorney can greatly help your case. Neal Davis and Jed Silverman are prepared to take on your truck accident case and build your case while you focus on recovery. We will do all we can to ensure your success including:
- Investigating the accident. Our truck accident attorneys can help investigate your accident. This is done by reviewing police reports, witness statements, photographs and medical records to get a complete picture. In addition, we will investigate the truck driver in order to prove negligence.
- Dealing with the trucking company. Our truck accident attorneys will also act as your legal representative during the negotiation process with the trucking company that employed the driver at fault.
- Negotiate with insurance companies. Insurance companies can be difficult to deal with, and we will take care of disclosing the gathered evidence to the insurance companies and negotiating settlements.
- Heading to court. Our attorneys are fully prepared to go to court and fight for your right to compensation should the need arise. We'll do all we can to ensure you get a fair settlement.
If you find yourself the victim of an accident involving a large truck, do not hesitate to speak with an attorney. Contact the team of Neal Davis and Jed Silverman today for a free consultation and to learn more about how we can help. Our No Fee Guarantee is simple - if we don't win, you don't pay.